RKMS is a not-for-profit educational institution. RKMS adheres to a policy of truth in advertising. At no time does RKMS or staff knowingly disseminate false advertising. RKMS accepts students of any race, sex, color, and national, ethnic, and religious origin. RKMS guarantees the confidentiality of and access to student records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
RKMS is committed to educating each child in accordance with the Montessori Philosophy. It is the philosophy and the history of Maria Montessori that supports close observation and careful guidance for each child in our program. New students are admitted on a 6-week probationary basis that begins on their first day of school, after which the child will either be successfully integrated or it will be determined that RKMS is not the best placement. Under certain circumstances, tuition will be refunded on a prorated basis. Students with diagnosed special needs follow the same 6-week probationary period.
The Montessori classroom is appropriate and beneficial for almost every child. However, RKMS may not be able to provide the educational and supportive services or additional staff that some children may require.
- Prospective parents are encouraged to schedule a tour of the school.
- Parents should plan to visit the school without their child(ren) in order to maximize their time spent observing through the one way windows outside the classroom. Tours last approximately one hour.
- Parents may complete an online application (click here) and submit the $75 non-refundable application fee..
- Prospective families receive an acknowledgment letter from the school.
- Special status applications for current families are due by December 15th (sibling, Montessori transfer, etc.) of the year prior to the year of enrollment in order to retain their special status.
- Families are contacted to schedule a pre-enrollment meeting. This 15 minute meeting is conducted with one of the directresses and the child. The visit is an opportunity for the child to meet one of the teachers and explore a classroom environment. It is also an opportunity for the directress to meet the child. (See placement policy).
- Notification of acceptance is contingent on the pre-enrollment meeting.
- Additional information is emailed upon acceptance to the school.
- All required forms are due back according to the dates indicated.
• All children entering the school are required to submit the following prior to the first day of school:
a. Up to date Health form and Lead Assessment form.
b. Original birth certificate needs to be brought to the school, photocopied and returned.
c. Kindergarten age students are required to submit an Eye and Dental form.
- Tuition payment(s) and the $1,000 Family Entrance Fee* are due in January and in October of the calendar year of enrollment.
- If a child enters mid-year, tuition payment(s) and Family Entrance Fee are due within two weeks of acceptance.
- Classroom placement information is sent in August, along with opening of school information.
*Each family entering RKMS at the Toddler/Primary level is required to pay a $1,000 Family Entrance Fee. This is a one-time payment of $1,000 collected either when a new student enters the Toddler Program for the first time or when a child graduates from the Toddler class into the Primary class.
Tuition alone does not cover the cost of educating a student at RKMS. Like all independent schools, RKMS conducts annual fundraising programs that contribute to the operating budget and provide direct funding to our education initiatives. At RKMS we have two annual fundraing programs. The Ronald Knox Montessori Annual Fund, our annual fund appeal, and the annual Benefit which is an opportunity to raise funds to support and enhance the educational resources of the School. All parents are expected to participate in both of these important initiatives each year.